Three-Fold Law – States that the
universe is in a state of balance, and that energy flows throughout.
Every act you do releases energy, and that at some point the energy
must return to its source. Specifically, the Three-fold Law states that
everything that you do comes back to you at some point, with three
times the energy you originally put out.
– Each of the four Cardinal Directions (North,
East, South, & West) have a color and an Element associated
with them. During ritual, these Elementals are called to guard and
protect the Circle.
– Any one of eight holy days spaced out around the year. These rituals
are typically for celebration, and no Magick, or other working is done.
They are Yule, Imbolc, Ostara, Beltane, Litha, Lammas, Mabon,
– Any ritual that is not a Sabbat. These can be held at any time,
thought they are usually held at least on the Full Moon. These rituals
are for working. Typically some sort of Magick, or other energy work
will be done during an Esbat.
- Ancient Northern European “signs” said to have been revealed to Odin
when he sacrificed himself on the tree of Yggdrasil. They are also
considered alphabets developed and used by Germanic or Teutonic peoples
beginning sometime before 150 CE
- The picture of a Rune drawn on a surface. The actual symbol that is
drawn on each Rune.
- The tree early Teutonic peoples believed reality was pinned upon.